The 6th Annual festival will take place on September 23, 2017 from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. It will be held on Main Street, between Blackhawk Street and Broad Street.
We are moving to an outdoor festival to concentrate artists and attractions closer together so it is easier for our patrons to navigate. We do have four indoor spaces in City Hall available, however. These will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. And as always, if there is inclement weather we will have an indoor alternative.
This year, we have started an artist referral incentive program! If you refer an artist and they are accepted into the show, you will receive 10% (each referral) off your booth fee! The referred artist will need to list your name on their application. Your incentive reward will be mailed to you immediately after the jury process.
We have created an Online Application process for those of you that would like to apply this way. You will still need to mail your jury and booth fee checks. Images and artist statements can be uploaded online.
Click here: RAF Online Application
If you prefer to download and fill out a paper application, it can be found here 2017-art-festival-application
We continue our “Buy Great Art” program with gift certificates awarded every hour to purchase art, as well as our Facebook contest.
New this year:
Outdoor Location (with inclement weather alternative)
Food trucks and Dining Area
Student Art Show
Artist Referral Program
Online Application Available
We are interested in a variety of mediums including, but not limited to, ceramics, book arts, digital art, drawing, fiber, glass, jewelry, leather, metal, mixed media, painting, photography, print making, sculpture, watercolor, and wood.
The Reinbeck Community Development Board established this event to encourage the display and sale of multiple art mediums and to promote the nurturing and growth of the Arts.
Any questions, please call Dana at Reinbeck City Hall 1-319-788-6404 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 17, 2017
ARTIST NOTIFICATION: May 31, 2017
Jury Fee: $10 ($25 after the May 17th deadline)
Booth Fee: $25 ($40 after the May 17th deadline)
Split Entry-Two Artists may split a booth but both artists must be juried and accepted. Each artist will need to pay a $10 jury fee; booth fee does not increase.
Mail two checks, either with your paper application or after you complete the online application.
One for the non-refundable jury fee of $10.00
One for the booth fee plus any extra lunches or table rentals.
Make checks payable to City of Reinbeck with Reinbeck Art Festival in the memo line.
If your application is accepted, only then will the booth fee check be cashed.
Reinbeck City Hall
414 Main Street
Reinbeck, Iowa 50669
IMPORTANT: YOUR APPLICATION IS ONLY COMPLETE WHEN WE RECIEVE YOUR CHECKS.
Please keep that in mind for the 4 available indoor spaces, which are assigned on a first completed application basis.
Images need to represent 95% of what you will be selling the day of the festival.
Images need to be at least 300 dpi/resolution or more and 7 inches on the longest side for judging and promotional quality. Please label them this way: YourName01.jpg, YourName02.jpg, YourName03.jpg
These images will represent you on our website and Facebook page, so please use adequate light, photograph sharply and without extraneous background.
EXHIBITOR RULES AND REGULATIONS
The staff at the Reinbeck Art Festival would like to thank you for your participation in our show. In order for you to help us make it the best it can be, we have established some rules and regulations. To participate in our event, you must observe the following:
• All work must be original, handcrafted, created, and exhibited by the approved artist themselves. Kits, imports, and mass produced items will not be accepted.
• All categories shall be juried, prior to your acceptance. Your submitted images should reflect your intended display. Any media not approved during the application process we will ask you to remove.
• All applications require 5 digital images of your work. Images need to be at least 300 dpi/resolution or more and 7 inches on the longest side for judging and promotional quality.
• We do not keep images on file. Please submit images with each application.
• Please send an artist statement about your work. We use them for publicity opportunities.
• If your work is not accepted, artist booth fee will be returned to you un-cashed; the jury fee will not be returned.
• Bank Fees- A $25 bank fee will be charged on all returned checks. The check amount plus the $25 fee is payable with a money order, cashier’s check, or cash.
• Each exhibitor is responsible for collecting the State Sales Tax and filing a report with the local Department of Revenue. Reinbeck’s rate is 7%. We are required to submit a report of vendors to them.
•There are no refunds for canceled shows by the Reinbeck Art Festival.
• Artist cancellations must be in writing either by mail, fax, or email at least 60 days prior to event.
• Displays must be professional and aesthetically pleasing.
• Exhibitors will leave their exhibit space clean after packing up at break down.
• All approved exhibitors or their assistant will occupy his or her booth at all times. Please ask staff if you need your booth covered while taking a break.
•The exhibitor’s space shall be occupied by 8:30 am the morning of the show or you will be considered a “no-show” and your space will be forfeited with no possible refund or credit. All vehicles must be removed from the show area. Please do not tear down your exhibit until 4:00 pm. Please aim to be completely torn down before 5:30 pm.
• An accepted application is a commitment to display your work during all scheduled hours of the show.
• Exhibitors will not take up any additional space without first consulting with a show coordinator.
• Tents- Exhibitors are responsible for making their tents sturdy and weighted against wind, rain, etc.
Tents must be manufactured of flame-retardant materials. Staking into the pavement will not be permitted. The City of Reinbeck/Reinbeck Art Festival is not responsible for lost, damaged, or stolen property. Vendors will be responsible for any damages cause by unsecured tents.
Event staff reserves the right to make final interpretations of all rules and regulations.